St Matthew’s has a fine three-manual organ built by Hedgeland at the time the church was built in 1875, and refurbished and enlarged by Leeds organ builder J. J. Binns in 1906.
The instrument was rebuilt in 1962 by J W Walker & Sons, when a pedal trombone stop was added (an extension of the Great trumpet).
Now with electro-pneumatic action, the console was moved from directly below the instrument to the Cantoris side of the chancel in the 1970s.
Further refurbishment to the solid state electronics has taken place in autumn 2019.
The stop list can be found here